CALLING ALL MAKERS!
The Commons Marketplace is an affordable, fixed retail market that provides an opportunity for producers to connect with buyers. The Commons Marketplace allows for entrepreneurs to test their products, collect feedback and accelerate their business to the next level.
The Commons Marketplace helps to bring new and creative businesses to Bonavista by giving artisans and makers access to:
- Low-cost storefront space to pilot and sell their products
- Connections to business support services who can help with everything from grants to business plan development
- Networking opportunity with other entrepreneurs
- Direct access to tourism customers through bus tours, groups and main street presence
- A membership to The Commons
Why The Commons Marketplace?
Incubators offer business owners affordable retail space, a collaborative environment, and administrative support that they would otherwise have to handle alone. Perhaps most importantly, they create opportunity for small businesses to grow. Not only do renters have more flexibility on time commitment, they have the opportunity to interact with fellow business owners and learn from one another.
Making the leap from home-based business to occupying a retail space is a significant risk. Small business incubators give entrepreneurs a “safe place” to explore their retail ideas, to experiment with products and displays, and allow them to see what works and what does not.